I think…just maybe…I found the recipe. Now, this has not been verified, nor has it been tested. But it sounds right. Feel free to make it—I’ll be happy to taste a piece and see if it’s the same as the one Collin made. Yes, it’s a sacrifice, but one I’m willing to make in the interest of culinary science.
LEMON MERINGUE PIE FUDGE
• 18 oz good quality white chocolate chips
• 1 bottle pure lemon extract (NOT lemon juice—lemon extract. BIG difference. You’ll find it with the other extracts in the spice aisle. It comes in 1-oz bottles.)
• 1 can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 cups miniature marshmallow
• Line 8×8 pan with wax paper
• In a glass bowl, mix chips and condensed milk
• Microwave for 30 seconds
• Stir. Depending on your microwave, continue to heat at 10 second intervals until chocolate is almost completely melted take out and stir until all chips are melted.
• Add whole bottle of extract and mix until fully incorporated (yes, it will smell alcohol-y but this will dissipate as it sits)
• Fold in the 2 cups of the marshmallows
• Place mixture in prepared dish and let sit 3-4 hours to thicken and set up
• Cut into squares to serve.
I don’t know…but don’t let that stop you from trying it. With those ingredients, how can it be bad? Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Let me know what you think!